Ouarzazate is a beautiful city located in the High Atlas Mountains and is known for its stunning scenery and historical landmarks. If you’re planning a day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate, here are some things to see and do:
- Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou: Ait Ben Haddou is a UNESCO World Heritage site located about 30 kilometers from Ouarzazate. It is a fortified city that was built in the 17th century and has been featured in several films and TV shows, including “Game of Thrones.”
- Atlas Studios: Atlas Studios is a film studio located in Ouarzazate that has been used as a filming location for several Hollywood movies, including “Gladiator,” “Lawrence of Arabia,” and “The Mummy.” You can take a tour of the studio to see the sets and props used in the films.
- Taourirt Kasbah: Taourirt Kasbah is a historical landmark located in the center of Ouarzazate. It was built in the 18th century and was once the residence of the Glaoui family, who were powerful rulers of the region.
- Draa Valley: The Draa Valley is a beautiful valley located about 100 kilometers from Ouarzazate. The valley is known for its stunning scenery and is home to several traditional Berber villages.
- Tifoultoute Kasbah: Tifoultoute Kasbah is a kasbah located on a hill overlooking Ouarzazate. It was built in the 17th century and has been restored in recent years. The kasbah offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
These are just a few of the many things to see and do in Ouarzazate. If you’re planning a day trip, it’s best to start early to make the most of your time. You can either rent a car and drive yourself or book a guided tour from Marrakech.