Camel trekking is a popular activity in Marrakech, and there are several options available for those who want to experience this traditional mode of transportation. Here are some things to keep in mind if you’re interested in camel trekking in Marrakech:
- Location: Camel trekking is typically done in the desert, which is located several hours from Marrakech. The most popular desert destinations for camel trekking are the Sahara Desert and the Zagora Desert.
- Duration: Camel treks can range from a few hours to several days. If you only have a day or two to spare, you may want to consider a shorter trek. If you have more time, you can opt for a longer trek that includes overnight camping in the desert.
- Group size: Camel treks can be done individually or in a group. If you prefer a more private experience, you can book a solo trek. If you’re traveling with friends or family, you may want to consider a group trek.
- Clothing: The desert can be hot during the day and cold at night, so it’s important to dress appropriately. You should wear loose, comfortable clothing that covers your arms and legs to protect yourself from the sun and wind. You should also bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Safety: Camel trekking can be a safe and enjoyable experience if you take the necessary precautions. Make sure you book with a reputable tour operator, wear a helmet (if provided), and follow the instructions of your guide.
There are several tour operators in Marrakech that offer camel trekking tours. Be sure to book in advance to ensure availability and to confirm the details of the tour, including the duration, itinerary, and pricing.
The price of camel trekking in Marrakech can vary depending on several factors, including the duration of the trek, the location of the trek, and the size of the group. Here are some approximate prices to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Short Camel Trek (2-3 hours): Prices start at around 300-400 Moroccan Dirhams (MAD) per person.
- Half-Day Camel Trek (4-5 hours): Prices start at around 500-600 MAD per person.
- Full-Day Camel Trek (6-8 hours): Prices start at around 800-1,000 MAD per person.
- Overnight Camel Trek (1-2 nights): Prices start at around 1,500-2,000 MAD per person.
Please note that these prices are only approximate and can vary depending on the tour operator, the time of year, and other factors. It’s always best to check with the tour operator for their current pricing and to confirm what is included in the price.