Here is a possible itinerary for spending a great day in Marrakech:
- Morning: Start your day with a visit to the Koutoubia Mosque. This 12th-century mosque is one of the most iconic landmarks in Marrakech. You can’t go inside if you’re not Muslim, but you can still admire its beautiful architecture from the outside.
- Afternoon: Next, head to the Saadian Tombs. These 16th-century tombs are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and are home to the remains of several Saadian sultans and their families.
- Evening: In the evening, make your way to Jemaa el-Fna Square. This lively square is the heart of Marrakech and is a great place to experience Moroccan culture. Here you can find food stalls, snake charmers, storytellers, and musicians.
- Night: For dinner, try one of the many restaurants in the medina. Be sure to try some traditional Moroccan food, such as tagines, couscous, and pastilla.
- After dinner, you can take a walk through the medina or relax in a rooftop bar with a view of the city.
This is just one possible itinerary for spending a day in Marrakech. There are many other things to see and do in this vibrant city, so you can tailor your day to your interests.