If you have a layover in Marrakech, you can make the most of your time by exploring the city’s sights, sounds, and flavors. Here are some ideas for how to spend a layover in Marrakech:
- Take a city tour: Many tour companies offer guided tours of Marrakech, which can be a great way to see the city’s highlights if you have limited time. You can choose from walking tours, bike tours, or even horse-drawn carriage tours.
- Visit a hammam: A hammam is a traditional Moroccan bathhouse where you can relax, unwind, and get pampered. There are several hammams in Marrakech, and they offer a range of treatments, such as massages, scrubs, and facials.
- Try some local cuisine: Marrakech is famous for its delicious food, so be sure to try some of the local specialties while you’re in town. Some must-try dishes include tagine (a slow-cooked stew served with bread), couscous (a dish made from semolina grains, vegetables, and meat), and pastilla (a savory-sweet pastry filled with spiced meat and almonds).
- Visit the souks: Marrakech’s souks are a must-see if you want to experience the city’s vibrant marketplace culture. Here you can find everything from spices to textiles to pottery. Be prepared to haggle for the best price!
- Take a cooking class: If you’re a foodie, why not take a cooking class while you’re in Marrakech? There are several cooking schools that offer classes on traditional Moroccan cuisine.
- Relax in a garden: Marrakech is known for its beautiful gardens, such as the Jardin Majorelle and the Menara Gardens. Take some time to relax in one of these tranquil oases and enjoy the scenery.